Nintendo has shared new details about the items and game modes included in upcoming Nintendo 3DS title The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes.
Iconic items from the Zelda series, such as the Sword, Bow, Bomb, Hookshot, Boomerang, and Hammer will return to Tri Force Heroes. But players will also be introduced to three other items for use during their solo or co-op adventures with friends.
Zelda: Tri Force Heroes Items
- Fire Gloves – When equipped, Link can hurl fireballs to destroy enemies, melt ice or snow, or ignite nearby torches.
- Gust Jar – Can be used to send Link soaring through the air over otherwise impassable gaps, or to blow away certain enemies and items.
- Water Rod – Link can create a column of water, and climb it, to reach higher places.
In addition, new gameplay modes have been detailed. Participating in each one gives players an exclusive opportunity to earn rare materials for use in the game.
Zelda: Tri Force Heroes Modes
- Special bonus missions can be unlocked after completing a level. For example, players can select the “Item” action on the lower Nintendo 3DS screen to try and finish a level while being chased down by a Wallmaster enemy.
- A Versus mode allows three players to face off against one another in arena matches. This is similar to how StreetPass battles work in The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Words, except players can initiate the mode at any time via Internet. The last Link standing wins the match.
- Boss play mode lets players take on previously defeated bosses, but each one seems to have a weakness unlike its original one. (This appears to be more like a mini-game feature than anything else.)
New item types, special bonus missions, arena battles with friends, and a boss play mode — all features Zelda fans can look forward to when Tri Force Heroes arrives next month.