Last Wednesday, the North American official Pikmin 3 website went live for our viewing pleasure. At the time, only a few of the sections such as “The Story” and “Pikminology 101” had readily available content .
Just a few minutes ago, the “Explorer’s Guide” section became available with some pretty neat and informative details.
Your Pikmin are ready. Are you? This section outlines some basic fundamentals of the game, which will give you a great start so you can be on your way in no time.
- Gathering fruit
- Tackling obstacles (move obstacles, dig it, break it, build bridges)
- Divide and conquer
- Keep an eye out (watch the time, find clues, look for nectar)
- Battling beasts
Here’s a list of some of the not-so-friendly creatures you can expect to find throughout your arduous journey.
- Bulborb – It’s considered one of the weakest of the Bulborbs, but can still hold its own against a good-sized Pikmin squad. Attack from behind to gain the advantage. Weakest point: eyeballs.
- Whiptongue Bulborb – Part of the Bulborb family, it has an extra long tongue, giving it more range to grab its prey.
- Bearded Amprat – A fearsome creature capable of sending out electric shocks to fend off any Pikmin brave enough to come into contact with it.
- Peckish Aristocrab – Found near water, this creature will grab Pikmin with pincers. It can also blow bubbles that temporarily trap small prey.
…and many more
Wii U GamePad
Transform your GamePad into a centralized control center (called the KopPad) and camera while on your adventure. Use it as a radar, a handy place to store exploration notes, Pikmin info area, Fruit File, and KopPad Camera. Using the camera, you can take in-game screenshots and share them with others via Miiverse.
Pikmin 3 offers a wide variety of options when it comes to its control scheme setup.
- Wii Remote and Nunchuk
- TV + Wii U GamePad
- Wii U GamePad (off-TV gameplay)
Source: Pikmin 3 Official Website