Nintendo has uploaded a video that introduces each of the five different Pikmin types you can expect to meet and greet throughout Pikmin 3.
In addition to their intros, the video also shows off some gameplay action for each creature. Other confirmed Pikmin, Purple and White, will make their return as well; however, it is currently unknown if these two colors will be available during Story Mode.
- Blue Pikmin – They’re amphibious and can survive in water or on land.
- Red Pikmin – They’re resistant to fire and are much fiercer in battle than other Pikmin types.
- Yellow Pikmin – They’re resistant to electricity and can be thrown higher than any other type of Pikmin.
- Rock Pikmin – They’re much heavier than other Pikmin types and can be used to smash through Crystal Walls.
- Winged Pikmin – They’re small and can fly, enabling them to carry things over water and lift obstructions.
Meet the Pikmin in Pikmin 3
Pikmin 3 release dates:
- Japan – July 13th, 2013
- North America – August 4th, 2013
- Europe – July 26th, 2013
- Australia – July 27th, 2013