A fifty-nine minute Japanese live broadcast has revealed the Mario Kart 8 customization screen, the Mario Kart 8 options menu, and a better look at the Mario Kart 8 character select screen that we first saw a few weeks ago. As a disclaimer, none of the information contained within has been confirmed, so you should take care when sharing. On that same note, we don’t typically share rumor-related news unless we feel there’s sufficient reason to believe the information in question holds a certain amount of weight. But, it’s hard to deny that the trailer below shows fake footage for Mario’s upcoming Wii U racing title. You’ve been warned.
Pictured above (click to enlarge), you can see a good shot of what the Mario Kart 8 customization screen looks like. From the video, names for Karts, Bikes, ATVs, Tires, and Gliders have been extracted. Please note that some item names may be different for North America and Europe.
Mario Kart 8 Customization Items
- Mario Kart 8 Karts – Standard Kart, Airship, Classical Cat, Bad Wagon, G-Force, Para-Bidybud, Pipe Frame, Princess Coach, Sneaker, Steel Diver, Superstar, Tri-Smash, Turbo One.
- Mario Kart 8 Bikes – Standard Bike, Broad Bean, Burning Bowl, Jet Rider, Mach GP, Maximum, Motor Dozer, Super Comet, Yoshi Bike.
- Mario Kart 8 ATVs – Standard ATV, Bean Rider, Wild Wiggler.
- Mario Kart 8 Tires – Standard Tires, Normal Blue, Ring Tires, Spicy Rings, Roller, Sky Rollers, Monster, Wild Hot, Sponge, Slick, Cyber Slick, Block Tires, Cream Blocks, Metal Tires, Wood Rings, Button Tires, Cushion Tires.
- Mario Kart 8 Gliders – Super Glider, Cloud Balloons, Flower Glider, Koopa Kite, MKTV Parafoil, Parachute, Para-glider, Peach Parasol, Sail Plane, Waddlewing Kite, Wario Glider.
In the Mario Kart 8 options menu screen, the following (from top to bottom) are able to be configured: Team, Item, Class, CPU, CPU Machine, Course, and Race Count.
As previously reported, the same twenty-seven characters can been seen above and now we have a clearer look. Just to recap, here are the names, by row from left to right.
- 1st Row: Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Metal Mario.
- 2nd Row: Yoshi, Toad, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, Lakitu, Toadette.
- 3rd Row: Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, ??, ??.
- 4th Row: Bowser, Donkey Kong, Wario, Waluigi, Iggy Koopa, Roy Koopa
- 5th Row: Lemmy Koopa, Larry Koopa, Wendy O. Koopa, Ludwig von Koopa, Morton Koopa Jr., ??.
Be sure to check out our other Mario Kart 8 news.
Mario Kart 8 release dates:
- Japan – May 29th, 2014
- North America – May 30th, 2014
- Europe – May 30th, 2014
- Australia – May 31st, 2014
Thanks to Higa for sending us the news tip!