Earlier today, we summed up everything we knew about SEGA’s newest Sonic Boom campaign. More details have just surfaced and we’d like to share them with you.
Nintendo fan website Nintendo World Report recently spoke to SEGA producer Stephen Frost about the Wii U version of Sonic Boom. Stephen shared a few details about Sonic’s new upcoming title — which is also being developer for the Nintendo 3DS — and we’ve consolidated the details below. One highlight that fans may be disappointed with is that Sonic Boom will not feature online multiplayer.
Here’s the rest of the details:
- More details coming during E3 2014 this June
- CryEngine 3 technology used for development
- The Enerbeam (bungee-like weapon) is related to the storyline
- Characters can be selected on the fly during gameplay
- Other characters likely to be playable (hinted by Stephen)
- Frame rate is “very very solid”
- No online multiplayer; living room experience focused